UCalgary Students: You are a member!
What does that mean?
As a student of the University of Calgary, you have access to fantastic health & recreation facilities through University of Calgary Active Living. You pay for this access as part of your student fees. The memberships run concurrent with each semester you are registered in:
Fall: September 1 - December 31
Winter: January 1 - April 30
Spring: May 1 - June 30
Summer: July 1 - August 31
Your facilities include:
- Large fitness facility with weights and cardio equipment
- Jack Simpson Gym running track
- Racquetball and Squash Courts
- Aquatic Centre
- Open recreation time in UCalgary gymnasiums
- Access to the Olympic Oval for running and skating
- The Outdoor Centre’s Climbing Wall and Bouldering Wall
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the facilities?
Your fitness facilities are located in the Faculty of Kinesiology.
Fitness Centre & track:
Pool Change rooms:
Racquet Centre: enter near KNA 172
Outdoor Centre: KNB 185
How do I enter the facilities?
To use the Fitness Centre, Jack Simpson track, Outdoor Centre Climbing Wall or the Olympic Oval, use your Unicard.
To access the Aquatic Centre, Racquet Centre, Gymnastics Centre, Bouldering Wall or open gyms, show your card to Client Services (KNA 104) to get a wristband.
Can my family become members?
Families can be added to your account for $121.80 (GST included) per 4-month semester, no pro-rating. You may apply for a reduced price with this form.
Note: Please check each facility for age restrictions if you are adding children to your membership.
What about lockers?
Active Living provides 25¢ coin lockers for day-use. The money goes into maintaining the lockers and subsidizes programs for students. Some lockers are available for semester rental.
Don't forget to spend your $25 Active Living student credit
Full-time or part-time undergraduate or graduate students
Every student at the University of Calgary and is eligible to receive a $25 credit which they can apply toward a fitness class, instructional program, outdoor program or outdoor rentals of their choice. (Sport Clubs and Intramural Sports are excluded as they are already subsidized by student fees.)
How do I get it?
- The program credit must be redeemed in person when registering at the Active Living Client Services desk (KNA 104), the Fitness Centre desk (KNB 155), or the Outdoor Centre (KNB 185).
- You are eligible for ONE $25 credit each school year (September 1 to August 31).
- This credit must be used during a semester that you are registered in credit courses at the University of Calgary.
- You cannot apply the student credit to locker rentals.
- The credit cannot be redeemed for cash and it is not transferrable.
Talk to Client Services if you have any questions about your student credit.
University of Calgary Active Living is the largest provider of fitness, recreation and outdoor programs located on a university campus. We publish regular program guides for our Active Living and Outdoor Centre programs — look for them on stands across campus. You can also find e-versions of the program guides online.
Intamurals and Rec Sports
Intramural sports and recreational sports clubs are a great way to meet people and get involved in campus life. The Intramurals guide is included in the back of the Active Living program guide, available across campus.
Basketballs, volleyballs, and badminton nets are available from Client Services (KNA 104). You can also rent racquets for a fee. An active and valid Unicard card is required to borrow equipment. All borrowed equipment must remain on campus.