Year-round programs starting this fall. Register below!
Get into Mini University fun year-round
Mini University is now offering year-round programming! Register now for one of our top-attended programs. Registration is limited.
The University of Calgary offers some of the best summer camps around. Lucky for you, there's no need to wait until summer to get a taste. Mini U is has fall and winter programming, and Winter Break and Spring Break camps pack all your summer favourites into one week. Or make your birthday extra special by booking a your own private event!
Of course, don't forget to sign up early for your favourite summer offerings, before they're full!
Kids and youth programs come with free parking included during the time of the session.
Mini U Spring Break Camp | Grades 2-4
Summer has arrived this spring break! Mini University is excited to offer you the best of our summer programming over spring break. Engage your child’s mind and body through a variety of fun activities offered by Mini University’s most popular camps including LEGO® building, arts & crafts, active gaming, swimming, yoga/zumba, racquet sports and more. Campers will also participate in a wide range of indoor games and sports in Active Living’s professional facilities every day. Your child won’t want to miss out on this exciting new opportunity to get active this spring break! Activities are presented as examples only and may change.
Mini U Winter Break Camp | Grades 2-4
Summer has arrived this winter break! Mini University is excited to offer you the best of our summer programming during the holiday season. Engage your child’s mind and body through a variety of fun activities offered by Mini University’s most popular camps including LEGO® building, arts & crafts, active gaming, swimming, yoga/zumba, racquet sports, gymnastics and more. Campers will also participate in a wide range of indoor games and sports in Active Living’s professional facilities every day. Your child won’t want to miss out on this exciting new opportunity to get active this winter break!
Activities are presented as examples only and may change.
Mini University Birthday Parties
September - June
Just like our summer camps, we will be adhering to the Guidance for Day Camps as outlined by the Government of Alberta. We have restructured our parties to accommodate physical distancing protocols, so we can host a fun and safe birthday party for your family. Here are the new changes that we have implemented this year:
- Unfortunately no food will be allowed to be served or shared. The focus of these parties will be just doing the activities together!
- We can only host 8 kids instead of 16 like previous years.
- Staff will sanitize the equipment and surfaces frequently and in between uses.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided to all participants.
- Everyone should please bring their own mask with them.
- Party guests will be dropped off and picked up at a designated parking point. Their parents are not able to stay at the party this year unfortunately.
- Only parents of the birthday child will receive a parking pass.
- All party guests will be asked a series of screening questions before they are able to attend.
Mini University is excited to offer your family two unforgettable birthday parties for up to 8 kids! Parties are hosted in Kinesiology's Multi-Purpose Studio on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 am-1:30 pm, or 2:30-4:30 pm.
Each party is 2 hours long: 100 minutes will be for playing and approximately 20 minutes will be provided presents. Activities will take place in the same room (except gym games). We recommend you book your party 6-8 weeks in advance and we will be in contact within 5 business days.
Choose from two party themes:
Guests will play the hottest motion control games for Xbox One Kinect and Wii U gaming systems. Party guests will also get to play a wide variety of classic and new board games. This party is great for all ages and a good way to get kids active.
This theme sets your kids up to play games and activities together in one of the gyms on campus. Games will be tailored for your child and facilitated by one of our trained instructors. Some options include dodgeball, parachute games, floor hockey and soccer. (Limited availability)
The cost for the party is $195 and includes:
- Adult Supervision and facilitation by our two Birthday Party Hosts
- Generic decorations our staff set up 90 minutes before the party begins. You can bring additional decorations 15 minutes before the party starts.
- Parking passes for you for the length of the party that you will receive by email when you register along with a map showing how to get to the designated parking point
To book your party, please complete the Mini University Birthday Party Request Form.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org