FAQ - updated October 16, 2020
Q: Is the Fitness Centre open?
The Fitness Centre is once again open to all UCalgary students with their UCID, and all staff and faculty with the purchase of a Fall 2020 Pass (available October 23rd). Visits need to be pre-booked online. Students do not have to pay the campus recreation fee for the fall 2020 and winter 2021 terms. Students who had already been assessed the fee have had the fee reversed.
Q: Do I have access to the Fitness Centre?
All current UCalgary students, staff and faculty have access to the Fitness Centre. Please watch for updates on our website or social media.
Q: How do I use the Fitness Centre?
All Fitness Centre visits must be made through the online booking system. To gain access to the booking system, please login to your Active Living account to sign your Covid-19 membership waiver. Please follow the booking guidelines to make an appointment. You will need to fill out the online Covid-19 screening questionnaire in your Active Living account each visit prior to your appointment. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your timeslot. You must adhere to your timeslot, no exceptions. For waiver, booking and Covid-19 screening troubleshooting please contact the Fitness Desk at 403-220-5185 or email email@example.com
Q: How do I book online?
Q: What hours is the Fitness Centre open?
The Fitness Centre is currently open from Monday to Friday, 8AM – 6PM. All bookings are 75 minutes long, followed by a 30-minute cleaning period. There is no access to the Fitness Centre during the cleaning periods.
Q: What is the Fall 2020 Pass?
The Fall 2020 Pass, available on October 23rd, is for staff and faculty members that would like to make use of the Fitness Centre. For $50 you will have access to unlimited bookings from your date of purchase to December 23rd, 2020. This price of the pass will not change based on when you buy it. There are a limited number of passes available due to capacity restrictions in the facility.
Q: Where do I change and leave my belongings?
The locker rooms and showers are currently closed. Please arrive in your workout gear and bring any personal belongings with you into the gym. Personal belongings must be kept with you at all times (beside your machine or in your socially distant square. Bathrooms are available in the Kinesiology building if you would like to change there, though this is not recommended.
Q: What additional COVID-19 safety changes have been made?
- You are required to fill out a Membership Waiver form on your Active Living account (one-time), and an online COVID-19 questionnaire on the day of your booking before you enter the Fitness Centre. The questionnaire must be done every single time you enter the Fitness Centre, not just your first time.
- Masks must be worn while entering the Fitness Centre and can be removed once you are at your machine or free weight station.
- Every single person will be given their own sanitization spray bottle and towel. All equipment must be wiped before and after use.
- Available machines have been spaced out so that you are at minimum 6 feet from the next person.
- Free weight and stretching areas have assigned socially distant spaces that must be adhered to.
- Please follow the directional signs on the floors and walls to make sure that there is space between all visitors.
- All machines and touch points are cleaned between each session by the Fitness Centre team, meaning there should be THREE cleaning cycles between each use.
- We are currently operating on a less than 30% capacity rule to insure the safety of all of our visitors. There will be a maximum amount of 65 users in the Fitness Centre at a time.
Q: Will I lose my locker?
We will allow a grace period for anyone wishing to renew their locker as well as for processing refunds for time missed.
Q: Can I access my locker to gather my belongings? Will my items be cleaned out?
Active Living is scheduling 15 minute appointments for those who need to access their lockers to pick-up personal belongings in the Kinesiology A building. You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule these appointment times. Please have patience as we work through scheduling these times for all of our clients. For more urgent requests, please contact email@example.com
Q: How can I get my deposit back?
If your locker has expired your deposit is currently reflected as a credit on your account. We will allow a grace period for anyone wishing to renew their locker or return their lock for a deposit refund — you will be able to call in to receive a deposit refund towards your locker renewal.
Q: My program is suspended. When will it resume?
You will be notified by email. Please ensure your personal and emergency contact information is up to date in our system.
Q: My program is cancelled. How can I get a refund?
For online refunds, you will receive a direct-to-card refund and a confirmation receipt once it has been processed. For telephone or in person transactions, you will be contacted to process the refund over the phone. Please note for these transactions we do not hold credit card information and will require these details upon processing. For assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: What happens to my Active Living membership?
Your membership is on hold. You have the option to keep your membership on hold until we reopen to the public or you can submit a request for a refund. For assistance please email email@example.com.