FAQ - updated December 10, 2020
Q: How do recent restrictions impact Active Living programs?
As of 6 p.m. on Friday, December 11, our Fitness Centre will be closed for the remainder of the fall semester in accordance with new AHS restrictions. All fall season on-site group fitness programs, aquatic programs, intramural programs, racquet centre and recreational sports will remain cancelled as per the campus restrictions that were instated on November 27. Virtual fitness classes will continue as scheduled.
Q: My program is suspended. When will it resume?
You will be notified by email. Please ensure your personal and emergency contact information is up to date in our system.
Q: My program is cancelled. How can I get a credit/refund?
A credit for cancelled programs will automatically be added to your account. For questions or concerns on refunds, please email email@example.com.
Q: Is the Fitness Centre open?
The Fitness Centre is once again open to all UCalgary students with their UCID, and all staff and faculty with the purchase of a Fall 2020 Pass through Friday, December 11. Visits need to be pre-booked online. Students do not have to pay the campus recreation fee for the fall 2020 and winter 2021 terms. Students who had already been assessed the fee have had the fee reversed.
Q: Do I have access to the Fitness Centre?
All current UCalgary students, staff and faculty have access to the Fitness Centre. Please watch for updates on our website or social media.
Q: How do I use the Fitness Centre?
All Fitness Centre visits must be made through the online booking system. To gain access to the booking system, please login to your Active Living account to sign your Covid-19 membership waiver. Please follow the booking guidelines to make an appointment. You will need to fill out the online Covid-19 screening questionnaire in your Active Living account each visit prior to your appointment. Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your timeslot. You must adhere to your timeslot, no exceptions. For waiver, booking and Covid-19 screening troubleshooting please contact the Fitness Desk at 403-220-5185 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How do I book online?
Q: What hours is the Fitness Centre open?
The Fitness Centre is currently open from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. All bookings are 75 minutes long, followed by a 30-minute cleaning period. There is no access to the Fitness Centre during the cleaning periods. Please note the Fitness Centre will be closing for the remainder of the fall as of 6 p.m., Friday, December 11.
Q: What is the Fall 2020 Pass?
The Fall 2020 Pass, available on October 23rd, is for staff and faculty members that would like to make use of the Fitness Centre. For $50 you will have access to unlimited bookings from your date of purchase to December 11, 2020. This price of the pass will not change based on when you buy it. There are a limited number of passes available due to capacity restrictions in the facility.
Q: Where do I change and leave my belongings?
The locker rooms and showers are currently closed. Please arrive in your workout gear and bring any personal belongings with you into the gym. Personal belongings must be kept with you at all times (beside your machine or in your socially distant square. Bathrooms are available in the Kinesiology building if you would like to change there, though this is not recommended.
Q: What additional COVID-19 safety changes have been made?
- You are required to fill out a Membership Waiver form on your Active Living account (one-time), and an online COVID-19 questionnaire on the day of your booking before you enter the Fitness Centre. The questionnaire must be done every single time you enter the Fitness Centre, not just your first time.
- Users will be required to wear a mask at ALL TIMES while in the Fitness Centre, including while exercising
- Every single person will be given their own sanitization spray bottle and towel. All equipment must be wiped before and after use.
- Available machines have been spaced out so that you are at minimum 6 feet from the next person.
- Free weight and stretching areas have assigned socially distant spaces that must be adhered to.
- Please follow the directional signs on the floors and walls to make sure that there is space between all visitors.
- All machines and touch points are cleaned between each session by the Fitness Centre team, meaning there should be THREE cleaning cycles between each use.
- We are currently operating on a less than 25% capacity rule to insure the safety of all of our visitors. There will be a maximum amount of 65 users in the Fitness Centre at a time. Additionally, users may be directed to the main floor or track level by staff in order to maintain capacities.
Q: Will I lose my locker?
We will allow a grace period for anyone wishing to renew their locker as well as for processing refunds for time missed.
Q: Can I access my locker to gather my belongings? Will my items be cleaned out?
Active Living is scheduling 15 minute appointments for those who need to access their lockers to pick-up personal belongings in the Kinesiology A building. You will receive an email from email@example.com to schedule these appointment times. Please have patience as we work through scheduling these times for all of our clients. For more urgent requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How can I get my deposit back?
If your locker has expired your deposit is currently reflected as a credit on your account. We will allow a grace period for anyone wishing to renew their locker or return their lock for a deposit refund — you will be able to call in to receive a deposit refund towards your locker renewal.
Q: What happens to my Active Living membership?
Your membership is on hold. You have the option to keep your membership on hold until we reopen to the public or you can submit a request for a refund. For assistance please email email@example.com.